Monday, July 18, 2011

Put A Gun To Your Dreams

















Rule #3 - Never lie. Ever. Unless you really, really have to. Like it's a matter of life or death, or your Mom asks where you were last night.

"You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club." ~Jack London

My Mom texted me yesterday using almost zero vowels and the number 2. In short (no pun intended) she asked when I was going to update my blog again? I like to pretend my Mom doesn't read this blog. That makes it easier for me to talk about vaginas and whatnot. So as not to acknowledge this fact, I didn't text my Mother back. That said, it's a legit question. In 2010 I posted only two entries here and zilch so far in 2011. The fact is I've had Writer's Block for well over a year now, and it's breaking my heart. Sadly, I believe it's coming from too much comfort. That reality is very discouraging. Why is it so goddamn hard to find inspiration when life is good? I'm proud of about three things I've ever written, and depressingly, they've all come from when I was pretty much dying, or at least thought I was. I still write here and there these days, but nothing good. I've lost the daily practice I was so diligent about a few years ago when life felt like death. So anyway, I guess it's time to get through this since I don't plan on dying again. That shit sucks.

Put a gun to your dreams and demand they come true. Tie a bomb to your fears and light the fuse.

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. write more jerk! i've moved mine over to my tumblr, redisdoomed
    miss ya kid

    ReplyDelete